We respect your right to privacy and to understand how your personal data is used. We do not and will not sell your data to third parties and do out utmost to keep any data we collect safe and secure. Note that we will forward only the necessary data to external service providers (Maksekeskus AS, Omniva) if you choose to utilize their services to process your payment and/or ship your order for convenience, more information about this can be found in our Terms & Conditions here.
The data processor follows the principles of data processing provided by legislation, among other things, the data processor processes personal data legally, fairly and securely. The data processor is able to confirm that the personal data has been processed in accordance with the legislation.
What User Data We Collect
When you visit the website, we may collect and process data that you voluntarily provide to us in order to offer you services in return such as shipping of orders or processing of payments for example. This data includes:
- Information required to process and ship your order such as billing details and preferred shipping destination.
- Full name
- Delivery address
- Telephone address
- Preferred payment method
- Payment details, payment card number for example.
- Order history and shopping preferences
- Details of your interactions with our customer service when you contact us via email or phone call for information or to resolve any issues you may have
- Your product reviews
- Your social media identifiers if you contact us via any social media platforms
- Other information such as product interests and marketing preferences
Some information we collect automatically when you use our website. These include:
- Your IP address
- Your web browser, version, and device
- Data profile regarding your online behavior on our website
Additionally, we reserve the right to collect data about the customer that is available in public registers.
Why We Collect Your Data
We are collecting your data for several reasons:
- To better understand your needs.
- To improve our services and products.
- To process, fulfill, and ship orders made on the website.
- To send you promotional emails containing the information we think you will find interesting upon your consent. You may also opt out of this at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
- To contact you to fill out surveys and participate in other types of market research.
- To customize our website according to your online behavior and personal preferences.
Safeguarding and Securing the Data
We are committed to securing your data and keeping it confidential. Poko has done all in its power to prevent data theft, unauthorized access, and disclosure by implementing the latest technologies and software, which help us safeguard all the information we collect online.
The legal basis for processing of personal data is governed by article 6 (1) (a), (b), (c), and (f) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation:
- the data subject has consented to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
Processing of personal data according to the purpose of the processing:
- Purpose of processing – security and safety
Maximum period of storage of personal data – in accordance with the terms specified by law
- Purpose of processing – order processing
Maximum period of retention of personal data – 1 year
- Purpose of processing – ensuring the operation of e-shop services
Maximum period of storage of personal data – 1 year
- Purpose of processing – customer management
Maximum period of retention of personal data – until retracted by the customer
- Purpose of processing – financial activities, accounting
Maximum period of storage of personal data – according to the terms specified by law
- Purpose of processing – marketing
Maximum period of retention of personal data – Until retracted by customer
The data controller has the right to share the personal data of customers with third parties, such as authorized data processors, accountants, transport and courier companies, companies providing transfer services. The data processor is the controller of personal data. The data processor forwards the personal data necessary for making payments to the authorized processor Maksekeskus AS. Poko will also forward (only) the required personal data to Omniva (Eesti Post AS) to ship out orders made on the site. Find out more about the terms and conditions of using our website and store here.
When processing and storing personal data of the data subject, the processor shall implement organizational and technical measures to ensure the protection of personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, alteration, disclosure and any other unlawful processing.
The data controller shall retain the data of the data subjects depending on the purpose of the processing, but not longer than 5 years
Rights of the data subject
- The data subject has the right to access and inspect their personal data.
- The data subject has the right to receive information about the processing of his or her personal data.
- The data subject has the right to supplement or correct inaccurate data.
- If the data processor processes the personal data of the data subject on the basis of the data subject’s consent, the data subject has the right to withdraw the consent at any time.
- The data subject can contact the e-shop customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise these rights.
- In order to protect his or her rights, the data subject has the opportunity to submit a complaint to the Data Protection Inspectorate.
The data we collect by using cookies is used to customize our website to your needs. After we use the data for statistical analysis, the data is completely removed from our systems.
Please note that cookies don’t allow us to gain control of your computer in any way. They are strictly used to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not so that we can provide a better experience for you.
If you want to disable cookies, you can do it by accessing the settings of your internet browser. (Provide links for cookie settings for major internet browsers). You can also configure the cookie settings on pokobags.ee by clicking on the banner “Privacy & Cookies Policy” and “Cookie settings”.
Links to Other Websites
Restricting the Collection of your Personal Data
At some point, you might wish to restrict the use and collection of your personal data. You can achieve this by doing the following:
When you are filling the forms on the website, make sure to check if there is a box which you can leave unchecked, if you don’t want to disclose your personal information.
If you have already agreed to share your information with us, feel free to contact us via email and we will be more than happy to change this for you.
These data protection conditions have been drawn up in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC law and legislation of the Republic of Estonia and the European Union.
Poko has the right to change the data protection conditions in part or in full by notifying the data subjects of the changes via the website www.pokobags.ee